General info for ED students
Basic rules and some advice for ED students:
- All students should follow "Rules of studies" which are available here.
- Classes on Paediatrics take place at the Department of Paediatrics, Haematology and Oncology of the Antoni Jurasz University Hospital, in a building at A. Jurasza st. (floors 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10).
- Part of the classes are held in Wojewódzki Szpital Zespolony in Toruń, ul. Konstytucji 3 Maja 42 at the Department of Paediatrics, Endocrinology, Diabetology and Neurology (responsible person: dr. Barbara Iwaniszewska) and at the Department of Paediatrics, Allergology and Cardiology (responsible person: dr. Janusz Czarnecki). Please, contact the Office of the Centre for Medical Education in English regarding your journey to Toruń.
- In submenus you can find a general plan for each year. The most current schedule may be found on the noticeboard on the 6th floor (at the front of Prof. Wysocki's office) or on our website.
- Generally, seminars or practices start at 8:30 am.
- Seminars and problem-based learning classes are held for the whole group in a seminar room on the 6th floor. For practices students are divided into subgroups. Part of practices take place in our outpatient clinics (on the ground floor) and in our Clinical and Experimental Oncology Lab (the outpatient clinic building, 1st floor, rooms 117 & 118).
- Please, have your white coats and leave your outer clothes in a cloakroom. Students should have their own stethoscopes, and a examination torch and a measure tape (at least one for each subgroup).
- For a practice in Clinical and Experimental Oncology Lab, please, refresh information on a blood count, haematopoiesis, and blood and marrow cancer already gained on Laboratory medicine and Pathomorphology (e.g. laeukemia and lymphoma F.A.B. classification, cytochemistry and immunology of blood cells).
- Final test exam is taken in one term for all groups of 5th and 6th year, in a lecture room A+B at Jagiellońska st.